Monday, May 31, 2010

Sunday Funday

It seems I am apologizing more and more these days for the increasing rarity of these posts. I have a legit reason this time. I have been grounded from the computer for the past week for growing up too fast. I also was not allowed to read the Wall Street Journal on Sunday or go to the pool by myself this week. I personally think my parents are being unfair cause I have tried to quit growing like they asked. They used the old "Because I said So!" excuse. I don't like that excuse...never have.


I kept it casual this Sunday for church. I went with my pink dress with little baby girl frogs with pink bows in their hair.
After church things got crazy. We started off with lunch and then a quick nap. Then after that we were off to the park. I'm not talking about your normal park with a slide and a swing. I am talking about Oxford's very own world renowned and smoke free...Avent Park. This place is a super fort, quadruple slide, multi-swing, wood chip covered, dinosaur containing towering playground that must have been created by one of Walt Disney's descendants.
Avent Park, which I now like to call Crazy Town, is broken into 2 sections. One for infants and babies, and then one is for kids like me. I'm leading Daddy (I call him Daddy now instead of Dada, another sign of my maturity) to the swings. I quickly found out this section is for small people, so we did not stay here long.
I'm not sure if I am in a rocket ship or just a lookout tower here, but either way its cute.

There was fire at the fort so we had to take the evacuation slide. This happened 4 different times. Luckily, there was no damage.

Strolling through the town square.

No fire this time, just fleeing from the dinosaur.
It was not just me and Daddy getting in on the fun. Mama got in the swing of things too.

Since it is almost June and we are in Mississippi it was a bit warm, so I cooled off back at the house with my first ever ice cream sandwich. I really enjoyed it, so did my shirt and face.
We're not done yet, then we went to the pool to continue to cool down.
I know I am just in the baby pool in these pics, but don't worry I was all over the place, including the big pool. I am headed back for a cookout on Memorial day with friends of the neighborhood.
Now I know this picture is a little out of context with the rest of this post, but I could not pass up on this opportunity to show Uncle John Rea and me relaxing at the hotel room before Uncle Wilson's wedding last weekend. We were sharing juice and cookies. Also, since Uncle John put a bow in his hair, handed my dad a camera, handed me a cookie and said "take a picture of this and put it on the blog", so like I said, I could not pass this up.

No comments: