Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Humbling Easter Egg Hunt

I had a wonderful Easter weekend. Great weather, family and food were everywhere, bunnies, candy, friends and neighbors. It really was fun. At the neighborhood Easter Egg hunt I ran into some real pros though. I pretty much held my own at my hunt at school, but the kids on my street really know what they are doing. Don't get me wrong, I still had more eggs in my basket than it could handle, but I really had to exert some extra effort this time. I had iconic photographer Annie Leibovitz follow me around to document the special occasion. See her work below.


The eggs were especially hard to find at this hunt. If you look close you might see one in the distance. It really takes a trained eye to spot these little guys.


This was my ride to the hunt. This 2009 Limited Edition Step 2 Wagon has a quite smooth ride, 20" dubs, A/C, mama steering, navigation system, room for a duck basket and 2 blankets, etc.


Oxford weekend resident Grand mama Kathy was at the hunt. She came by right after her morning workout.


Here is an action shot right when the race started.


Notice how although we were competing against each other Robert N. and I worked well together. His dad...now that is another story. He was trying to sit on me.


This might look sweet but he was just trying to get my blue egg. I told him I would trade him for a pink one.


Back from the hunt and Grand Daddy takes me for another spin.


And then I took Uncle G for a spin. I think I have seen Shaggy from Scooby Doo make that same face before.


Ok...changing gears here. Easter morning is upon us and the bunny did not disappoint.


Not only did he leave wonderful treats inside he also left eggs outside. I had a good time with a relaxing hunt in my jammies.


Check out my new bathing suit. That's right, swimsuit season is right around the corner.


Here we are after Church...you should have heard the music. Notice how my bow is still in my hair. I try to stay prim and proper on special Sundays.


Speaking of prim, check out Lottie.


Mama is about to start singing "I'm a little Teapot"


Aunt Sissy and Mama Coats were here too. Look at all us ladies.


Another family photo opportunity. If you look close you will notice that all 4 of us are sleeping.


Me and Uncle Shaggy.

All good things must come to an end. This one happened to end with me in my new dress. Thanks Aunt Sissy.

No comments: