Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fun Family Filled Weekend

I had a fun filled family weekend last weekend. By fun I mean going to baseball games, playing outside, enjoying the weather and spending time with family. By family I mean Mama, Daddy, Mer Mer, Eli, Hi Mama, T, Uncle G, Ken, Debbie, Mama Coats, Lala Grand Daddy, Aunt Hope and Uncle Gerry.


Here I am getting the full dose of cousin love on Friday morning. Nothing like staying in your jammies for a couple of hours on a weekday.


Once we made it outside Mer Mer and I had to go check on the boys next door.


Here we are again.

Mer Mer and I are starting a band. She can really tickle the ivories while I belt out the lead vocals. Mama said we sounded so good after about an hour of this that we should go outside and let others hear the beautiful noise we made.


Business time, serious business.


Finally, on Sunday night I went to Taylor Grocery for some catfish with ole droopy eye. Mr. John (not pictured), who has a pink potty was there too. They serve some of the smallest but tastiest catfish around. Did you know that catfish prices are going up because the profit margin in the catfish industry is going down. Many farmers are draining their ponds and going back to more traditional crops like corn. We all know that pursuits of things like alternative fuels and a good jalapeno cornbread always keep corn in high demand. Don't worry though, we still lead the world in catfish production although that delicious Vietnamese river cat is trying to catch-up.

No comments: