Saturday, December 4, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

Mama has been finishing up the semester and has exams next week so getting to the computer has been an ordeal lately. I have barely been able to update my facebook status, much less make a detailed blog post. She is at the Library right now, so I have a moment. Below are some pictures from the past several weeks.


We loaded up in my BNF (Best Neighbor Forever) Joe's truck and headed to get our Christmas tree last week. If you recall I am a huge fan of real trees and I question people's Christmas spirit when I see a fake tree. I plan to live on a Christmas tree farm one day. Its going to be much more fun than living at an artificial tree farm.


Selecting the perfect Christmas tree is different for everyone. My Dada bases his decision on price, size and price. I like to base my decision on the scent of the tree. The stronger the hint of evergreen, the fresher the tree. The fresher the tree the better.


Always make sure to get your own personal tree for your room as well. This one is still alive. You don't get any fresher than this.


Check out this giant rocking chair next to this poisonous plant. I know this plant is poisonous because a friend from school lost her pet iguana in an unfortunate Poinsettia accident last year.


Here is my mischievous smile. I just put about 6 rocks in my pocket and I am trying to get away with it.


I am cleaning out the fountain at Hi Mama's house over Thanksgiving in this picture. She loves for us to visit but makes us work for our food. And since it was Thanksgiving there was a lot of food...hence, a lot of work. I had to clean out the gutters once I was done with the fountain.


Shortly after this picture was taken we spun out of control and ended up on the wrong side of a potted plant. Please remember during this Holiday season to not Drink and Drive.


Alright everybody. Have a good week and I hope to be receiving Christmas cards from all of you soon. I love getting mail.

1 comment:

MH said...

you're the prettiest girl in the whole wide world! Jack wanted to go look at your blog when he woke up this morning. He'd love to have another romantic meal together. He still doesn't eat anything but he'd be happy to give you all of his food which seems to be why all of the girls like him! I can't wait to get your christmas card and neither can jack! we might have to pin it up on the wall in his room.