Thursday, October 14, 2010

School Party...with cupcake eating instructions included

Below is part 2 of a 4 part series entitled The Aging of a Brick Artisan's Daughter.

My party at school was a messy success, but still a success. Picture this...after finishing up chapter 27 of To Kill a Mockingbird I lay down for a quick snooze. Then I wake up to the hustle and bustle of a birthday party being put together. I just woke up so a big part of me wants to be whiny, but the rest of me is ready to celebrate me birthday. Check out the festivities below...

The anticipation is almost too much to bear (see Ole Miss Mascot).
Things are starting to get going. I have a hat in front of me and a cupcake is on the way. Note to the party givers: please bring the guest of honor the first cupcake.
Things are starting to get a bit messy. The Notorious David Doss, who is notoriously clean is even having trouble keeping the neon icing off his chin.

So to keep the mess off my hands and isolated to my face I went for the face-plant method.

Please work on this at home before you bring it out in public. If you are off just a little bit you can easily end up with icing in your eyelashes.


Have you ever asked your Mama to wipe your face and she just sneaks a kiss instead? Have you ever asked my Mama the same thing and she sneaks a kiss?

Ok, so the party was great but it was not without incident. When the cupcakes were first brought out Harris decided he wanted to sit where Avery was sitting. All of a sudden it looked like it was the last round of Musical Chairs and the kids with the fullest diaper was going to win.

And then this tough cookie had all he could take.

Super star here has the perfect mustache/goatee combo working. Have you ever seen a guy so excited to be wearing pink and have stuff all over his face? That's what a party will do to you.
Another party is coming Saturday and we have some events in between so stay tuned. BTW, I am registered at Oxford Floral if anyone needs some gift ideas.

No comments: