Sunday, December 6, 2009

Getting Ready for the Holidays

Merry Christmas from me. I have been working hard to get this place looking good for Christmas. Spotlights on the house, lights on the tree, wreaths on the doors and windows and then tons of Santas, donkeys and baby Jesus' everywhere. Check out my work and other things I had going on this week below.


Here I am in a wreath. I like this picture but I sort of think it makes my hips look big.


Ok, I helped Mama put these in the box last year and they were rolled up all nice and neat. When did the lights jump out of the box, dance around and get all jumbled up. This can really make the holidays stressful.

More lights, more mess. We got it done in the end though. It is a lovely tree. And it is real. Don't get me started on fake trees.
Here is proof that it is real. We borrowed our neighbors truck and headed down to the local Christmas tree farm (Home Depot) and cut down (picked out) the best tree they had. It was obviously very taxing on Dad since he had to take a nap during this picture.
You know I love birthday parties, even when they are not for me. My friend and neighbor Robert Neely IV turned one over the weekend. You should have seen the toys. I thought I walked into Santa's workshop. That is his dad, Robert III delivering the flaming cake.

I had cake too.
Do you know about Scout? He is my elf on the shelf. He watches me and lets Santa know how awesome I have been behaving. Every moring when I wake up I have to find him. He is always in a new fun place, usually in the living room so I am on my best behavior around him. I threw some of Mama's shampoo in the toilet yesterday but Scout was not around so I think Christmas is still going to happen.

No comments: