Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rib-eyes and Redbirds

I watched the Rib-eyes last week and ate a Redbird. Wait...I ate a rib-eye and watched the Redbirds. I'm still figuring out what name goes with what object. I have been so busy that I can't keep my posts up with my activities so I am still about a week behind. I've also been working on a patent for the beverage industry that could revolutionize mass consumed beverages, but that's pretty boring so lets get on to the fun stuff.


I was invited to dinner at my neighbor Jackson's house a week or so ago. His Dada smoked a whole rib-eye and it was quite tasty. I washed it down with a little apple juice and I was good to go. Look what happened after dinner...I usually forgo sitting in my Mama's lap but seeing her holding Jackson put me in a jealous fit of whining that could only be cured with a dual cuddle.

Jackson was quite the host. He had all sorts of toys for me to play with and even let me sit on his couch and naw on this pink thing. I do believe Jackson is wearing wings in this picture but I never saw him fly that evening.


No matter how old you grow you sometimes just feel like a kid. I must have been feeling like an infant in this picture since I was overtaking Jackson's bassinet.

Saturday we headed North and crossed the state line to Tennessee. The Memphis Redbirds were facing instate rival the Nashville Sounds. Who wins if you put a Redbirds against a Sound? I'm not real sure since I did not watch a single pitch. We went up there and ate Rendezvous with some folks from Oxford Rehabilitation.

My new buddy Little John was on the playground. This youngster showed great strength and balance to be able to hold that head up.

I sort of interrupted an impromptu game of baseball on the playground when I stole the bat after a ground-rule double. The pitcher was nice enough to let me get in a couple swings before play resumed.


Ok, I did watch 1 play. The Sounds put 2 on the board with a stand-up double on this very pitch.


This was 1 of 3 times I was not running at full speed that afternoon. It was a cool 102 degrees in the shade so my parents were pretty excited to be sweating for 3 hrs straight while running after me.


This was stop 2 of 3. Hello

And finally stop 3 of 3. I stopped this time just because I felt sorry for Dada. Take a good look at him in this picture. He looks as worn out as Monte Kiffin after the Ole Miss/Tennessee game last season.

No comments: